5 Fabulous Canadian travel destinations
Got some vacation time coming up? Looking for a unique travel destination? Consider choosing an exotic locale close to home. Airco Charters wants to fly you and your travel companions on one of our direct flights from Edmonton to a Canadian vacation destination you’ll remember for years to come. Consider one of these five possibilities for you next trip.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
On the precipice of the Arctic Circle overlooking Great Slave Lake is Yellowknife. Its pristine beauty and small town charm will enchant you. There’s plenty of camping, fishing, boating, hiking, and great local cuisine to be had. While you’re there you could:
- Arrange a guided hike to Cameron Falls.
- Visit Old Town for a look at historical buildings, some great eats and a bit of casual shopping.
- Take a boat cruise on Great Slave Lake.
Victoria, British Columbia
Travel from Edmonton to Victoria for a vacation locale that has something for everyone. Exquisite natural beauty and wildlife, elegant spas, incredible cuisine, and a vibrant local culture are just some of the things Victoria has to offer visitors. Try any of the following:
- Wine tasting tours in the nearby Cowichan Valley.
- Take a ferry ride in the harbour or book a whale watching tour just outside the city.
- Visit the Sooke Potholes Provincial Park, a paradise-like setting to swim, picnic, and have all your cares slip away.
Travel from Edmonton via one of our direct flights to Manitoba’s capital city. Winnipeg is a multicultural city hosting many festivals and offering visitors a vast number of things to do. Take in a symphony or a football game. Shop, dine or enjoy recreational outdoor activities. There’s something for everyone and the options are endless. You could:
- Go on a bison safari in FortWhyte Alive National Park
- Take-in the cityscape as you stroll along the picturesque Riverwalk at The Forks
- Rejuvenate in thermal pools (hot, cold and in-between) at Thermea by Nordic Spa-Nature
Jasper, Alberta (via Hinton)
This alpine town nestled in the Rockies isn’t just for skiers. Take in a round of golf or unwind at the spa. Enjoy any number of outdoor activities from white-water rafting to horseback riding and everything in between. You might enjoy:
- Scuba diving in Patricia Lake
- Visiting the spectacular Athabasca Falls
- Riding the Jasper Skytram for an aerial view that’s simply breathtaking
Enjoy the unique beauty of the Prairies in stunning Saskatoon. Situated on the edge of a river, this city has grown up substantially in the last decade and has much to offer visitors. You could:
- Take a wander along the river in the beautiful Meewasin Valley.
- Enjoy a tasting tour at local micro distillery (LB Distillery) that uses local produce in their spirits and liqueurs.
- Visit the Saskatoon Farmer’s Market for delicious eats, live entertainment and meeting up with the friendly local folk.
No matter the destination, Airco Charters can get you there with our charter flight service. Contact us today for more information or to schedule a take-off time.